We’re excited to announce that the first homes to be built at Lowfield Green will be available for sale from Monday 3 August 2020.
Shape Homes York is building 140 homes on this garden site where present and future generations of residents can live and thrive in the bustling heart of Acomb.
The first phase for sale is of 30 high quality, low energy, spacious homes which will be ready for their new residents to move in early in 2021.
Of this phase, 18 are available for outright sale at market rates and six of the homes are for sale through our shared ownership scheme. Seven homes will be allocated for social rent.
When bought before 31 March 2021, buyers will not need to pay stamp duty on their home. More detail can be found at www.gov.uk/guidance/stamp-duty-land-tax-temporary-reduced-rates.
The homes for outright market sale are:
- Four 3-bedroomed semi-detached houses (The Clover) for £295,000.
The semi-detached homes have generous proportions and a good sized living room and ground floor cloakroom. A contemporary dining kitchen gives access to a rear garden through large glazed doors. There are three bedrooms; two double sized – one has an en-suite shower room – and one smaller plus a house bathroom. Full details at shapehomesyork.com/property/7
- One 3-bedroomed detached house (The Sage) for £295,000.
This has spacious and flexible accommodation, an open plan dining kitchen and separate living room stretching across the full width looking out onto the garden. There is a cloakroom on the ground floor and ample storage. Besides a substantial master suite with shower room, there are two further bedrooms and house bathroom. Full details at shapehomesyork.com/property/8
- Two 2-bedroomed semi-detached houses (The Burdock) for £225,000. The open plan reception room has ample space for dining and seating areas in the fitted kitchen. There is a cloakroom to the ground floor and house bathroom to the first floor with two well-proportioned bedrooms. With a back garden this would make an ideal low maintenance home or first home for a growing family. Full details at shapehomesyork.com/property/4
- Eleven 2-bedroomed semi-detached bungalows (The Buddleia and The Bluebell) with prices starting at £225,000. The bungalows are spacious, single level and low maintenance, with a light and airy open plan living room and a well-equipped fitted kitchen. With good-sized bedrooms and ample built in storage, they have a spacious shower room accessed from the master bedroom or the hallway. French doors give onto an enclosed rear garden. Full details at shapehomesyork.com/property/1
The homes for sale by shared ownership are:
- Two 2-bedroomed semi-detached houses (The Burdock) which are for sale for between 25%-75% of the whole sale price of £225,000 (for example, a 30% share would cost £67,500). Property details at shapehomesyork.com/property/4
- Four 2-bed semi-detached bungalows (The Buddleia) which are for sale for between 25%-75% of the whole sale price of £225,000 (for example, a 60% share would cost £135,000). Property details at shapehomesyork.com/property/1
The homes for social rent are:
- Two 2-bedroomed semi-detached houses
- Five 2-bedroomed semi-detached bungalows.
Councillor Denise Craghill, executive member for Housing at City of York Council, said: “It is very exciting to see these much-needed homes being built for current and future generations of York residents. I’m really glad that we are seeing the first of our new shared ownership homes coming on to the market, offering more affordable options for some of our very valued key workers.
“These homes’ excellent build quality includes high levels of airtightness and insulation for greater comfort and lower energy bills. In addition, solar panels will be fitted to properties with the correct roof orientation and they’ll also come with an electric vehicle charging point.
“Because we are investing in a range of property types including market sales, shared ownership and social rented homes, we can focus on building high quality homes for everyone and sustainable communities fit for the future.”
Peter Docwra, managing director of Ashtons Estate Agents, said: “We’re really excited to be launching the first phase of this fantastic new development: offering these properties of superb build quality to our buyers is a terrific prospect. We feel there is a fantastic mix of really spacious homes, and the options for shared ownership is a great draw too.
“With the current stamp duty holiday and properties available to suit many needs and budgets, now is a great time to buy.