The one-day event, will address building a sustainable future, regulatory changes, and the role of digital transformation in today’s construction industry.
- Hon. Claire O’Neill, Managing Director, Climate & Energy at WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development) and former UK Minister for Energy & Clean Growth,will deliver a keynote speech on climate change and dealing with its challenges.
- Julie Hirigoyen, the UK Green Building Council CEO, will explore how the construction industry needs to develop net-zero carbon and nature-based solutions.
- Hywel Davies, Technical Director of Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and Chair of the Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRAC), will address significant building safety and sustainability issues.
- A decade on, the key team members that made BIM part of the Government policy reflect upon the successes to date, and unpick the challenges that remain.
On 29th September 2021, NBS, the platform for connected construction information, will once again bring together policymakers, industry experts, and decision-makers in construction, architecture, and digital transformation, for The Construction Leaders’ Summit – Building Better.
Leading industry figures will share their thoughts on how the sector can improve the built environment’s drive towards zero-carbon. With COP26 on the horizon, the experts will be discussing how the construction industry can respond to the climate emergency. In addition to the ecological focus, the one-day summit will also host discussions about digitisation and other major issues including building safety.
The team that made BIM part of the government policy will reflect on the progress that has been made over the past ten years for digital construction and discuss the challenges that remain.
The summit will also host an exclusive session on the golden thread policy, which will give an overview of how the policy is being progressed by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), working with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Dame Judith Hackitt recommended the introduction of a “golden thread” to support those responsible for the design, construction and management of buildings. The idea was to establish and maintain a holistic system to ensure that safety is taken into account at every stage in a building’s lifecycle. The industry has committed to implementing Hackitt’s recommendations.
Further, the summit will see an exclusive Q&A panel session on sustainability in the built environment. The high-profile speakers participating in this panel discussion reflect NBS’ drive towards greater gender parity in construction.
- Rt. Hon. Claire O’Neill, Managing Director, Climate & Energy at World Business Council for Sustainable Development (Chair)
- Jane Anderson, Construction LCA Limited
- Taleen Josefsson, Thrive Project Manager, Chetwoods
- Jade Lewis, Chief Executive, Sustainable Energy Association
- Rachel Hoolahan, Architect and Sustainability Coordinator, Orms
Colin Smith, Executive Chairman, NBS, says, “We must concentrate our efforts on making eco-friendly choices non-negotiable. The construction industry needs to collectively think more sustainably and accept its responsibility to create real, positive change. Now is the time to take action and actively balance the bottom line with the green line in the construction industry.
“We will be lucky enough to be joined by some of the most renowned industry experts. The summit will cover several important topical issues, including the construction industry’s digital transformation and how we can all help build a more sustainable future.
“Since the last Construction Leaders’ Summit, the industry has continued to shift at speed. As always, we’ve brought together some of the best in the business to provide attendees with insightful guidance that should inspire them within their own line of work.”
Location and attending
Click here to register for the online event: https://www.thenbs.com/events/CLS2021-building-better/agenda. and hear from leading industry figures as they share insights and discuss how we can build a better more sustainable future. The Construction Leaders’ Summit – Building Better will be held Wednesday 29th September 2021, 9:30 14:00. Places are limited, book now to secure your place.